CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time to Grind


So I just picked up a second job and I get my info to start next week. It's a lil part time gig, but getting paid once a month at my primary job takes way more discipline than I have. Not only that, making more money sure can't hurt since Pookie and I are talking about buying a house in the near distant future. There was a time when a bill got mailed to me and I balled that sucker up. Now I put it off to the side on my bulletin board and plan to pay it off asap. I have to admit, I hate being broke, but being broke temporarily is worth the prospect of having good credit later.

Earlier today I had a conversation with a homeboy of mine. He and I are supposed to be working on a book in the future. I'm also still on my grind to enter graduate school at Clark Atlanta University. I'm excited to be going to an HBCU for the first time in my life. The plan is to get in and get OUT. It took a decade for me to finish my undergrad degree, but that was because there were times that I went part-time or all out took semesters off. I also went to 3 different schools before finally graduated. This time around there is way more motivation to hurry and finish. Pookie and I have even said that perhaps once I'm a year in, we'll talk about expanding our family.

Since I love the thought of working in the field of social work, the plan is to get my masters degree. I want to one day open a practice or something like that. But my real goal is to put out something dope and have some residual checks coming in. I want to wake up and find money in my account that I didn't even know was coming. I want to write books. That's the first step. My homie is someone that I've known for years and we have a slight sexual tension and flirty relationship that makes our talks about sex and the like quite thrilling. So we want to work on a few books about relationships. I'm nearly done with one book about relationships, so this would be my second one. I know that with my twisted sense of humor and ability to write my ass off, this would be a no brainer for me.

I'd also like to one day do motivational speaking lectures. I'd LOVE to be flown around the country for $5k to $10k a pop. Enter the degree in social work. Yep, I got a plan. Time to work. Time to grind.

1 comments:

Miss.Stefanie said...

I would love to get paid to be a Motivational speaker and I think you would make a good one. I may need a side job too... Hmmm